Automatic cooking and cooling line for pasta, rice and vegetables
Gernal's automatic cooking and cooling line for pasta, rice and vegetables is a revolutionary system with one cooking kettle and one or two cooling kettles (each with a capacity of 500, 1,000 or 1,500 litres). This makes it possible to prepare various dishes from start to finish, up to the point of packaging.
Features:preparation from A to Z, labour-saving, constant quality
The Gernal automatic cooking and cooling line works as follows:
- the kettles are filled with water (hot water for the cooking kettle, cold and ice-cold water for the cooling kettles);
- the cooking kettle is heated up;
- raw/dry products are plunged from a 200L standard bin into the cooking water by means of a column loader;
- during the cooking process, the basket automatically moves up and down, so as to achieve a homogenous temperature distribution of the cooking water and to prevent sticking during the cooking and cooling process;
- at the end of the cooking process, the basket is automatically lifted out of the water and left to drain;
- the contents are transferred to a basket in a pre-cooling tank. This basket moves up and down during the cooling process;
- the cooking kettle is immediately refilled and brought up to temperature, so that a second cooking cycle can start;
- the cooled products are emptied in waiting 200L bins.
The special features of the Gernal cooking and cooling line:
- spectacular water savings in comparison with batch cooking
- substantial savings on labour
- homogenous products, assuring a constant quality each and every day